One day I was at the grocery store and I saw two women running around the produce department. One of them was on her cell phone. “Don’t you have any guacamole mix??” she asked. A pause. “Well, they don’t have any of the powder here. I know I said we’d have guacamole at the party, but how can I make it without any guacamole MIX?!” Easy. I wish I knew a way to tell them without sounding like an obnoxious little know-it-all, but I couldn’t figure out how to do that with them so stressed-out and angry-sounding, so… I’ll tell you guys instead. 😀
Recipe for Guacamole (Serves 2-4, depending on hunger!) :
You will need:
- Two ripe avocados, seeded, peeled and diced (guide to picking ripe avocados here)
- 1 small, fresh tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 Tbsp. sour cream (optional)
- Potato masher
- Salt, to taste
How to do it:
- Place diced avocados in a large bowl and add lime juice. Using the potato masher, mash the avocado until it is creamy. I like to leave some chunks, but feel free to mash to whatever consistency you prefer.
- Add the diced tomato and red onion and stir. Mix in the sour cream, if using. Add salt to taste.
- That’s it. You’re done! No “guacamole mix” needed. Enjoy!